Our customers love us!
We are proud of the high standard of customer service we deliver and our customers love us so much they give our service a 98% rating. That’s pretty close to perfect!Read some of our customer ratings
Soup is a great option, whatever the season! The ultimate comfort food, it’s both filling and nutritious. This deliciously creamy soup is super easy to make and features two of the healthiest veggies – kale & broccoli, both of which are packed with fibre, antioxidants & vitamin C.
1. Wash, chop and prepare all your ingredients.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan.
3. Add the shallots and garlic to the oil, and fry on a low heat for around 4-5 minutes. Stir them occasionally with a wooden spoon, to ensure they do not burn.
4. Add the chopped potatoes into the pan and stir in well. Sprinkle in the chilli flakes for an added kick.
5. Put a lid onto the pan and leave for about 3-4 minutes whilst preparing the vegetable stock.
6. When the stock is ready, pour it into the pan and stir in.
7. Bring the potatoes to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Add kale and broccoli to the pan. Make sure the ingredients are covered wih liquid, if not add some extra fresh, filtered water.
9. Bring back to the boil, then simmer again for a further 8-10 minutes with the lid on the pan, making sure to stir occasionally. Make sure you watch the broccoli, as you don't want to over cook it!
10. Once you've let it simmer, we're all done. All that is left to do is pour the soup mixture into a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth and creamy. It should be a nice thick texture.
11. Serve with a light sprinkling of chia seeds or pine nuts and a nice swirl of dairy-free yoghurt. I used plain Alpro Soya as it's creamy. Don't add too much yoghurt as it will overpower the taste of the soup (always remember, less is more).
If you give this delicious broccoli and potato soup a try, please let us know! Leave a comment below, rate it above, share it! Take a picture of it and tag it #AvogelRecipes on Pinterest we'd love to see it.
Kale is super nutritious. It’s packed with goodness, including vitamin A, which helps to maintain healthy hair, skin and bones. It also has a high fibre and water content which helps to support the digestive system and prevent constipation.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Great tasting recipes to nourish the body from the inside out this winter.Let's get cooking
Echinaforce® is our must-have remedy for the approaching cold & flu season. It's never too early to stock up!Get yours now
Increasing your vitamin C intake now will help strengthen your immune system for the arrival of cold & flu seasonUp your Vitamin C
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!