Our customers love us!
We are proud of the high standard of customer service we deliver and our customers love us so much they give our service a 98% rating. That’s pretty close to perfect!Read some of our customer ratings
A great addition to any summer BBQ, grilled shrimp is so easy to make. Marinated in a delicious mix of shallots, garlic, ginger, pepper, soy sauce and peanut oil, this recipe is by far my favourite. Serve with red lentil puree for even more flavour.
1. Prepare shrimp skewers: Slice the chillies lengthwise, remove the seeds and chop finely.
2. Mix with the shallots, garlic, ginger, pepper, soy sauce and peanut oil and grind to a paste.
3. Bruise the end of the lemongrass to make a sharp point and skewer the shrimps. Cover in the paste and leave to marinate for at least an hour.
4. Make the lentil puree. First, wash and drain the lentils. Bring the lentils and ginger to the boil and then simmer until all the water has been absorbed. Mix the lentils with the coconut milk, Herbamare® Original seasoning salt, curry powder and turmeric. Add in the juice and zest of ½ a lime. Blend in a food processor, and add water if necessary to reach desired consistency. Add the peanut oil a drop at a time.
5. Grill or lightly fry the shrimp skewers.
6. Serve the skewers with heated puree.
Shrimps are great for your looks! They contain important beauty minerals such as the antioxidant astaxanthin, which helps to protect the skin from premature ageing. The healthy Omega -3 fatty acid in shrimps also helps lift low mood and ease aching joints.
Rachel is an avid cook who has a passion for creating healthy meals and treats for her friends and family to enjoy and now you can enjoy them too.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Our Herbamare combines herbs and vegetables with a little sea salt to create a delicious, healthy seasoning for any dish!Find out more
Join Hetty and Martin in the A.Vogel gardens to improve your flexibility.View flexibility videos
Carbohydrates have a bad reputation, but eating the right kinds can actually be great for weight management!Find out more about carbohydrates and weight management
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!