Dormeasan® - Sleep better and wake more refreshed
Dormeasan® Valerian & Hops
Dormeasan® Valerian-Hops works as a sleeping aid
Dormeasan® is a herbal sleep remedy made from extracts of freshly harvested, organically grown Valerian root and Hops.
Benefits and features of Dormeasan® Valerian-Hops:
- Herbal sleep remedy
- Helps restore natural sleep
- Tinctures of Valerian and Hops
- Fresh herb extract
Dormeasan® is not a 'sleeping pill’. It is a herbal sleeping aid and won't normally leave you feeling groggy in the morning. Unlike many sleep remedies, Dormeasan® is available in the form of a liquid herbal tincture. Taken just half an hour before bedtime, it can help if you worry that you can't sleep - encouraging a more natural sleep, helping you sleep better and wake feeling refreshed.
At A.Vogel, we insist that only freshly picked Valerian root and Hops plants are used to make Dormeasan®. This ensures that the herb extracts obtained provide the active* ingredients that encourage undisturbed sleep. For more information on why we prefer to use fresh herbs in our herbal remedies, look for The A.Vogel fresh herb story.
The use of fresh herbs gives Dormeasan® tincture a stronger taste and smell because it has not lost its volatile oils. Some people may prefer to take Dormeasan® diluted in fruit juice, rather in water.
Dormeasan® Valerian-Hops oral drops
A traditional herbal medicinal product used for the temporary relief of sleep disturbances caused by the symptoms of mild anxiety, exclusively based upon long-standing use as a traditional remedy. Always read the leaflet.
* Tobler M, et al. Characteristics of whole fresh plant extracts. Schweizerische Zeitschrift fur GanzheitsMedizin, 1994.
What is Dormeasan® Valerian-Hops
Dormeasan® contains Valerian extract (Valerian tincture) and Hops extract (Hops tincture), obtained from freshly harvested, organically cultivated valerian root and hops. It comes in the form of a herbal tincture (liquid drops).
1ml of Dormeasan® oral liquid (equivalent to 35 drops) contains:
- Valerian root tincture 0.5ml (Valeriana officinalis L.) (1:10-11) Extraction solvent: ethanol 58%v/v
- Hops strobile tincture 0.5ml (Humulus lupulus L.) (1:12-13) Extraction solvent: ethanol 65% v/v
Other ingredients used are ethanol and water.
Dosage of Dormeasan® Valerian-Hops oral drops
Dormeasan® may be used as a sleep remedy or for mild anxiety, by adults (over 18 years of age) and the elderly.
As a sleep remedy: Take 30 drops of the herbal remedy in a little water half an hour before bedtime.
For mild anxiety: This product may also be used to relieve the symptoms of mild anxiety. Take 10 - 20 drops once or twice daily.
Don't take more than the recommended dose. This product is not known to be habit forming.
For more advice to help you sleep better, go to our Tips for a Good Night's Sleep.
Who can't take Dormeasan®?
- Do not use if you are allergic to valerian root or hops, or if you are already taking medication for disturbed sleep or insomnia, or another herbal sleep remedy
- If your symptoms worsen or if you do not feel any benefit within 4 weeks, talk to your doctor
- Do not use Dormeasan® if you are pregnant or breast feeding
- Do not use Dormeasan® if you are taking another medicine that is affected by alcohol
Like all medicines, this product can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Minor side effects
The following minor side effects can occur when using this product: feeling sick, stomach discomfort.
These are often short-lived and should go away by themselves. However if they are troubling you, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
If you are concerned about any side effect or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Driving and using machines
- This product is intended to help you fall asleep. If you feel drowsy, do not drive or operate machinery.
- The effects of the product may be increased by alcohol. Excessive use of alcohol should therefore be avoided.
FAQ Dormeasan® Valerian-Hops oral drops
1. How can I sleep better at night?
Our Tips for a Good Night's Sleep contains simple and practical lifestyle advice to help you sleep better at night. If you need more help, you may wish to consider a herbal sleep remedy such as Dormeasan® containing extracts of the herbs Valerian and Hops.
2. How do I know if I am getting enough sleep?
The amount of sleep we need as individuals varies a lot depending on age and personality. Most of us will find that we need 8 hours, but some people can function perfectly well on 3 or 4 hours sleep a night. Read more about What is sleep?
3. Will this remedy help treat insomnia?
Insomnia can be defined as a medical or psychiatric condition characterised by persistent difficulty in falling asleep. Many people suffer from a lesser condition known as sleep disturbance. They feel that they can't sleep or are unable to get a night's sleep - either having difficulty falling asleep or waking up in the middle of the night, or both. Dormeasan® Valerian-Hops oral drops is a herbal sleep remedy or sleeping aid which can be used for the temporary relief of sleep disturbances. It helps to restore natural sleep, assisting with a good night's sleep.
4. Is Dormeasan® addictive?
Dormeasan® is not known to be habit forming.
5. Can I take it if I'm on sedatives or tranquillisers?
Dormeasan® should not be taken if you are already taking medication for the same problem. You may use Dormeasan® if the medication you are taking is for symptoms other than sleep disturbances or insomnia. In addition, do not use Dormeasan® if you are already taking another herbal sleep remedy.
6. Will it make me feel groggy in the morning?
Dormeasan® helps you towards a natural sleep and will not normally leave you feeling groggy in the morning. If you feel drowsy after taking Dormeasan®, do not drive or operate machinery.
7. When should I begin to feel an improvement?
This can depend on individual circumstances. As a sleeping aid, use Dormeasan® 30 minutes before bedtime. If after 4 weeks, you feel that there is no improvement in your symptoms, you should consult a healthcare professional. See also How to use Dormeasan®.
8. Will it help me if I have difficulty sleeping because I'm on night shift?
Dormeasan® may be of help if your normal sleep pattern is disturbed.
9. How can I get to sleep better on long-haul flights or help overcome jet lag?
Long-haul flights can easily disturb your internal body clock, especially when you have to fit straight back into your normal work/life routine and it is quite stressful for most of us. This leads to you feeling awake in the middle of the night, tired during the day and anxious about getting a good sleep. Hence, jet lag is a disturbance to your normal sleep pattern. Dormeasan® is a herbal sleeping aid which can help towards a better sleep in these circumstances.